Msgr. Charles Schluter
(608) 249-6651 ext. 12
Usual Meeting Date: Tuesday evenings starting in the Fall.
Purpose: RCIA is the process for welcoming women and men of all ages into the Roman Catholic Church. It is our instruction program for all non-Catholics, baptized or not baptized, who wish to become Catholics. RCIA is also the process for preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation for baptized adult Catholics who have not been confirmed.
The Vatican II Council tells us it is the responsibility of all Catholics to share their faith with others. The dream of the council is that the Church will be transformed by celebrating the enthusiastic faith of our new members, as was done in the early days of the Church.
The whole parish community is invited to share in the conversion journey of new members as sponsors, team members, or participants in Sunday liturgies and other rites celebrated throughout the year.
Our objectives include:
- Building community by establishing a bond between newcomers and the faith community.
- Renewing the commitment of church members to live out their baptismal mission.
- Increasing the understanding of the teachings of the Gospel and the Church.
- Inspiring reflection on the mystery of Christ’s sacrifice for the salvation of the faithful.
- A deeper understanding of the responsibility of church members to spread their faith as Jesus commanded.